Monday, October 31, 2011

Bataan: the first solitary adventure

The Solitary Traveler

This is my first time to visit Bataan and I don't know anyone from the place. It was a challenge for me considering my fear of asking directions and poor navigation skills (I've known that since high school when I failed Trigonometry, I didn't want to participate in discussions and recitations and to me all right angles are wrong).

Big deal, right? But seriously, I'm like that Amazing Race contestant who is crying out of frustration for not knowing which way to go next. I could be James Franco in 127 Hours, except that if I died and no one recognized me, my poor dead body would be thrown out of the sea. Talk about a shark's happy meal.

Four days. Three nights. An unfamiliar place. One great adventure.

So who cares about directions? I guess at one point, every traveler gets lost. Then again, a wandering soul never does, because every place he visits is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment