Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Trip, Baler, and Closure

We both knew two things could happen when we agreed to be in this trip: either it brings us closer, or we go home hating each other. The moment I got on the bus, I'm certain the latter was not on my 'to do list'. I wanted to go to that place for one reason: to find closure.

It was, for me, the perfect timing to make peace with myself, to be able to face you with no shame, and to give 'you and me' one big full stop. This is a part of the 'I am finally moving on' phase.

There were lapses and awkward moments, same as those ones we never successfully addressed. And just like the first time, we just let it pass and continue dealing with our shit. There were times when I wanted to leave and go back to city. But I didn't. Maybe if I were the old me, I would've stormed out and you won't notice. But I didn't. Because I committed to this trip the same way I promised to achieve good friendship with you.

So I was like, "What the hell? I am in effing Baler! I'll brave the waves and go surfing!"

As we headed back to the city, I realized, that yes, I guess you're right. That we went there for a purpose. This is a reward for what we've achieved and what we have to share in the coming days. Our prize for a job well done - leaving the painful past, for a bright, happy one.

Closure.

And whether this trip brought us together or made us feel apart, isn't important anymore.

For wherever we go, inside our backpacks, you carry a part of me, and I carry a part of you.


Not bad for our first trip, pal.
And cheers! For more.


- C

No comments:

Post a Comment